What is Grand Farm's Grower Advisory Board?
Grand Farm is convening a group of innovative growers to provide advice, critical feedback, and recommendations to the Grand Farm management team on a range of agricultural technologies and environmental issues that are of importance to agriculture and rural communities.
Apply to Become a Member of the Grower Advisory Board
Frequently Asked Questions
- To have growers involved in Grand Farm, its operations, and partnerships.
- Grower validation is a key requirement for agriculture technology (AgTech) innovations to progress. Understanding the current jobs of growers and opportunities they see for AgTech to improve their jobs can help Grand Farm prioritize engagement.
- AgTech research and development is inefficient without the involvement of the growers. Ultimately for there to be integration of AgTech in agriculture, there needs to be grower adoption of technology into their current operations.
- To create feedback loops back to the industry to accelerate solutions.
- We've heard from many growers that there's a disconnect between what the grower is looking for and what the industry is creating. By having a group of innovative growers, Grand Farm can make sure that the grower's voice is front and center and that the technology makes sense, has a clear ROI, and ultimately is solving grower’s problems.
- Opportunity to make sure grower voices are being heard by the AgTech industry.
- Access to companies looking to test products in the field (often for free) .
- Opportunities to host technology and/or conduct projects at their farm.
- Build connections with interested AgTech organizations.
- Tickets to Grand Farm events and conferences.
- Opportunities to host tours at their farm.
- Amplification of grower’s hard work.
- Early adoption of technology.
- Speaking opportunities.
- Approximately 20 hours annually. It may vary depending on the grower’s level of participation.
- Grand Farm plans to host both in-person and virtual meetings.
- To save time, regular meetings will be hosted virtually.
- In-person meetings will be encouraged during events and conferences that will cater to the interests of the board members.
- Provide feedback on specific technologies.
- Test different technologies on their farm.
- Direct Grand Farm on engaging with the grower community.
- Advise Grand Farm on different projects and events.
- Direct Grand Farm to make sure grower voices are heard.
Grand Farm is seeking a diverse and balanced panel that will include growers representing different:
- Land Acreage
- Technologies adopted on their farms
Grand Farm values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourages interested individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Quarterly. If needed, board members will be notified in advance for monthly meetings. Board members will be expected to meet once annually (in-person).
This board will be a blend of both private and public participation:
- Private - Internal meetings with Grand Farm team and its partners.
- Public - Board members will participate in Grand Farm events and conferences.
Currently, Grand Farm is seeking 7 members for the board. This number may change in the future depending on the needs of Grand Farm.
Each member will serve for a year and if the grower finds value, they can continue on the advisory board.
- Interested growers can submit an online application here.
- You can receive an application form via email (email at firstname.lastname@example.org) or text message (701-541-9340).
- Grand Farm will review all applications and notify the selected members.
There are no fees involved in the application or participation. Members serve on the board in a voluntary capacity.
Email Ruchi Joshi Bhardwaj at email@example.com or text (701) 541-9340.